Weekly News 324
Seeking something new?
Come along to our Skills and Jobs Fair
Are you ready for your next challenge? Looking for work?
Our Skills and Jobs Fair is a great opportunity to speak to advisors, employers, hear from guest speakers, and receive advice and information to help you find your perfect role.
Join us at the newly-refurbished Cheslyn Hey Leisure Centre for our Skills and Jobs Fair, where you can speak to employers and discover opportunities.
Drop in between 2pm and 6pm.
Register today: https://forms.office.com/e/xFUQ2LhMYF
Free health checks available next week
Throughout the course of next week, Everyone Health will be delivering FREE health checks for Staffordshire residents.
Times and locations:
- Tuesday, September 19th, 10am-4pm at Codsall Hub
- Wednesday, September 20th, 10am-4pm at Penkridge Leisure Centre and Wombourne Leisure Centre
- Thursday, September 21st, 11am-5pm at Cheslyn Hay Leisure Centre
Health checks are available to:
- South Staffordshire residents
- Aged 40-74 years
- Must not be on statins for BP, Cholesterol or Diabetes
- (Customers that do not fit into the 40-74 age category are entitled to a mini-MOT)
Health checks will consist of the following:
- Blood pressure
- Healthy lifestyle advise
To book a health check, people can either turn up or call the contact centre on 0333 005 0095.
- Street Scene Operative, Arboricultural (fixed term), closing September 15th
- Swimming Instructor, Cheslyn Hay Leisure Centre, closing September 19th
- Relief Leisure Assistant, Penkridge Leisure Centre, closing September 30th
- Relief Swimming Instructor,all leisure centres, closing September 30th
- Communications Apprentice, fixed term, closing October 1st
All vacancies can be viewed in full and applied for on our recruitment site: https://www.sstaffs.gov.uk/vacancies
Access Enterprise in South Staffs
The Business Partnership is excited to team up with the Stoke on Trent and Staffordshire Growth hub to showcase its new programme of business support – Enterprise in South Staffs.
Through the UK Shared Prosperity fund, the scheme will offer a comprehensive series of business support programmes which will support job creation, strengthen local entrepreneurial ecosystems, promote networking and collaboration, encourage growth-enhancing activities, create new-to-firm innovation and drive energy efficient, low carbon technologies and techniques.
We would like invite South Staffordshire businesses of all age, size and sector to join us at our exciting launch event on Wednesday, October 4th, at Codsall Community Hub.
Guests will be welcomed from 9.30am, refreshments will be available. The marketplace will be open from 10am to 1pm.
Business Partnership welcomes new six new ambassadors
Last week saw the first meeting of the South Staffordshire Business Ambassadors.
The partnership ambassadors are a group of South-Staffordshire based business leads who will to help to steer the direction of the Business Partnership, provide support to other businesses and help to drive delivery of our partnership pledges.
Over the coming weeks, the ambassadors will work with the us to set the group’s priorities and ensure we continue to add value to the businesses and communities of South Staffordshire.
National Fitness Day: Giveaways and promotions
It’s National Fitness Day on Wednesday, September 20th – and our leisure centres will be joining in with the celebrations with lots of offers and giveaways.
We will be offering the following to visiting leisure centre customers on the day:
- Bring a friend for free (available for the gym, classes, swimming, and toning suites).
- All visitors will be automatically entered into a prize draw to win a fee-free month and leisure passes.
- Customers who complete a ‘My Health to Me’ board will be entered to win a Free South Staffordshire Council branded water bottle and kit bag.
To stay up to date with the latest news from your nearest leisure centre, follow your nearest South Staffordshire leisure centre on Facebook.
Perton Library History and Heritage Fair
Perton Library is celebrating the Staffordshire History Festival with a fantastic FREE family-friendly open day next month.
As well as looking at what Staffordshire Libraries have to offer for those interested in local and family history, there are lots of other exhibitors and plenty of drop-in craft activities and fun for families and children.
The event takes place on Saturday, October 7th, from 10am until 3pm.
The event will include:
- Meet the Vikings and explore their ship, Skidbladnir!
- Escape Room activities – Explore Romans and the Second World War
- Museum of Wolverhampton and South Staffordshire
- Display of Perton’s local history
- Meet historian Angus Dunphy, author of The Royal Dutch Forces at Wrottesley Park 1941-44
- Perton Craft Group Loom demonstrations
- Boscobel House (English Heritage)
- Stourbridge Lace Guild
- Mining history display
- Get family history advice from ‘Midland Ancestors’
- NT Moseley Old Hall
- Arts and crafts for children with local artist Hannah Reynolds
- Staffordshire Museums Service
- Friends of Wolverhampton Archives
- The Shakespeare Man will be performing!
- AiM (Archaeology in Mind)
- Wolverhampton Archaeology Group
- Western Front Association
- And much more to be confirmed
All events are FREE to attend.
Please contact Perton Library on 01902 506050 for further details.