Full Council meeting
Meeting held in the Board Room, Perton Civic Centre
Contact the Parish Council for a copy of this agenda
Minutes of the Meeting of
PERTON PARISH COUNCIL
held at the Perton Civic Centre on
Monday 13th January 2020 at 7:00pm
Present: Mrs P Allen (Chairman)
D Glynn (Vice- Chairman)
AA Bourke R Bradley N Caine
PE Davis Mrs L Dew K Elder
Mrs R Heseltine C Rathbone J Sherlock
J Turner Mrs B Walters Ms S Wilkes
Parish Clerk – Mrs B Hodgetts
Members of public – 2
Also Present PCSO S Fryer and Special Jorja Whittingham
187/19 PUBLIC OPEN SESSION
a) A brief presentation was given by Ryan Taylor from South Staffordshire District Council on grounds maintenance. There is some confusion identifying who is responsible for some areas. The Parish Council will receive a schedule of maintenance. The District Council are wondering how to balance natural life with the views of residents. One idea is Wildflower Meadows. Staffordshire Highways are happy to allow areas of their responsibility to be managed at a local level. There would be a frame cut around the area to ensure visibility. The areas would need careful management and the cost of a wildflower meadow is comparable with the sq. metre cost of cut grass.
Various areas were discussed for a trial, a formal decision to be made at the February meeting.
b) A resident enquired if the parish council knew when the pedestrian crossing on Church Road would be repainted by Sainsburys, this was first raised in April 2019. Clerk agreed to contact Sainsburys for an update.
7.30pm The Chairman imposed Standing Orders.
188/19 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
No apologies received.
189/19 POLICE MATTERS
Verbal report given by PCSO S Fryer. The PCSO’s will be temporarily covering neighbouring parishes due to a decrease in numbers. Staffordshire Police are currently recruiting more PCSO’s but they will require training. Concerns were raised.
There is another change in Chief Inspector, the Parish Council expressed its concern that there is no opportunity to build a relationship.
Resolved to contact the Chief Inspector and congratulate him on his new post, express concern regarding the PCSO situation and invite to a future meeting.
190/19 DECLARATION OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY AND OTHER INTERESTS
Declarations of Personal and Prejudicial Interest received from the following
193/19 c) – PPFA – Cllrs Mrs P Allen, P Davis, K Elder, Mrs L Dew, Mrs RA Heseltine,
C Rathbone, NP Caine, J Sherlock, Ms S Wilkes
193/19 d) – Support Staffordshire – Cllr K Elder
191/19 REQUESTS FOR DISPENSATION
No requests for dispensation received.
Resolved that the minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 9th December 2019 having previously been distributed, were signed by the Chairman as a true and correct record.
b) Accounts for Payment
Payments made since the last Parish Council meeting
02/12/19 DD Ash Waste 136.68
02/12/19 BACS South Staffordshire Council 1412.00
02/12/19 SO Kaleidescope 30.00
02/12/19 BACS Halls SMS 147.21
02/12/19 100277 Acquiesce Environmental Compliance Ltd 84.00
02/12/19 100278 Tutorcare Ltd – legionella training 426.60
02/12/19 100279 Down to Earth Grounds Maintenance 108.00
02/12/19 DD Npower – Electricity 922.64
06/12/19 Petty Cash top up 231.35
06/12/19 BACS Seimens – hot drink machine rental 372.67
09/12/19 100280 ESPO 282.06
09/12/19 100281 Refundable deposit – function held 9th December 100.00
12/12/19 100282 Lighthouse Photography Ltd 307.20
13/12/19 BACS Inland Revenue M08 2793.72
13/12/19 BACS Staffordshire County Council – Pension M08 3426.33
13/12/19 BACS Halls SMS 37.76
13/12/19 100283 Weston Sawmill – Christmas Tree 540.00
16/12/19 100284 Ref Dep Function 14/12/19 100.00
20/12/19 DD CNG – Gas 641.65
20/12/19 BACS Salary Month 9a 4768.94
23/12/19 DD Npower – Electricity 624.46
23/12/19 100285 Bradsports Ltd – staff uniform 56.40
23/12/19 100286 1st Class Hygiene 210.00
24/12/19 100287 Onsite First Aid training 300.30
27/12/19 BACS Salary Month 9b 5076.37
27/12/19 BACS Members Allowance month 9 1034.15
Monthly total 24170.49
c) Perton Playing Fields Association – Resolved to approve the second half yearly grant of £2,000.
Support Staffordshire – Perton Volunteers Day 11th March. Resolved that a grant of up to £150 be made towards the buffet lunch. Cllr K Elder left the room for this item.
194/19 STAFFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
County Councillor report accepted for information, copy attached to these minutes.
Additional issues raised:
• CCTV installation at the bus lane – County Councillor to seek an update and continue to press for action.
• The Parish Council were disappointed that some of the additional Divisional Highway Programme DHP budget wasn’t spent in Perton.
The council requested that the County Councillor confirm that the remaining budget from the People Helping People fund has been allocated for the VE day commemoration.
195/19 SOUTH STAFFORDSHIRE DISTRICT COUNCIL
District Councillor Mrs Allen informed the members present that South Staffordshire Council have agreed to impose a green bin collection charge of £43.60 per bin. The District Council still have compost bins available and would encourage households to consider using one for their garden waste. Consideration could be given to composting at the new allotment site.
b) Stronger Three Tier Working – The Parish Council Resolved to opt into the SSDC initiative.
c) (i) The Strategic Gap Policy is currently being explored as part of the Local Plan Review.
ii) Flooding – further research is required. Resolved clerk to contact the Flood Risk Officer at Staffordshire County Council
196/19 CLERK’S REPORT
Report accepted for information; copy attached to these minutes.
• Jet washing of the upper lake is not sufficient. Frame is rotting, boards are loose and still slippery. Members of the Council believe there may be a path underneath.
Clerk informed the members of the comments regarding the traffic survey from Land Fund. Clerk to contact Staffordshire County Council to enquire if the timing of the lights on the A41 has been completed. It is noted that the queue of cars leaving Perton in the morning appears to be longer at the moment. The Chairman asked all Councillors that exit/enter Perton at peak times to note the time, date and length of queue if possible.
197/19 PLANNING APPLICATIONS
19/00948/FUL 44 Edge Hill Drive – Proposed side and rear single storey extensions
The Council raised concerns in regard to the space about dwellings.
Unfortunately, the funding application through Sport England was unsuccessful. The Council has been given 3 months free access to a fund finding website.
199/19 YOUTH WORKING PARTY
a) An update was presented to the Council. The committee have made contact with SCVYS for advice on policies and DBS checks. It is envisaged that the policies will mirror the junior youth club.
b) Solar lighting for the MUGA is being looked at. Further investigations are showing that Solar lighting is not adequate for the MUGA. Further quotations are being sought for mains powered lighting.
200/19 COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT YOI BRINSFORD
Unfortunately, no further progress has been made.
201/19 FREE TREE PLANTING
There will be a wide variety of trees to be planted including, Hawthorn, Hazel, Crab apple and Dogwood. Planting will be on two sites: to create a hedge along the roadside edge on the corner of St. Andrews Drive and The Parkway and also extending the orchard along the Wolverhampton boundary between Dippons Lane and the bus lane. In addition, the Community Gardeners and 3 volunteer members of the public have ideas of other potential sites.
202/19 VE DAY COMMEMORATIONS
A working party meeting is scheduled and the Carnival Committee will be discussing this further at their next meeting.
203/19 KINGSWOOD BUS SHELTER
Correspondence from Codsall Parish Council confirms that they will not support a joint project to install a new bus shelter. Resolved to contact Staffordshire County Highways to confirm if permission is required from Codsall Parish Council or just Highways.
204/19 GREAT BRITISH SPRING CLEAN
a) Cllr PE Davis has agreed to lead this initiative and has set the date for Saturday 28th March, 10.00am – Midday. 4 routes are being proposed, The Parkway both sides, Dippons Lane and Wrottesley Park Road. The Parish Council will promote the event through social media and noticeboards.
b) Resolved to purchase additional litter pickers and hoops. Cllr AA Bourke will donate some of his remaining district council members fund. Also agreed to purchase additional Hi-Viz vests.
Training sessions for First Aid and Legionella have been arrange. Councillors are welcome to attend. Costs have been shared with other parishes.
It was brought to the Parish Councils attention that the De-fib at the library was missing.
206/19 DATE & TIME OF NEXT MEETING
Parish Council, Precept 20th January 2020 at 7pm
Parish Council – 10th February 2020 at 7.00pm
Meeting closed at 9.20pm
Crime and Disorder Implications
Section 17 of the Crime and Disorder Act 1998, places a duty on a local authority to consider crime and disorder implications and to exercise its various functions with due regard to the likely effect of the exercise of those functions and to do all that is it reasonably can to prevent crime and disorder in its area.
Where relevant any decisions noted herein have taken this duty of care into consideration.
Signed ………………………………………………………………… Date: 10th February 2020