Management Committee meeting
To be held in the Board Room, Perton Civic Centre
Contact the Parish Council for a copy of this agenda
Minutes of the meeting of Perton Parish Council
Management Committee held on Wednesday 31st March 2021, 7.00pm
Meeting held virtually via Microsoft Teams.
Members were informed that the meeting would be recorded and deleted once minutes were approved.
Councillors Mrs P Allen, AA Bourke, N Caine, P Davis, D Glynn, Mrs R Heseltine (Chairman),
Mrs B Walters
Parish Clerk Mrs B Hodgetts
M24/20 – APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
No apologies were received.
M25/20 – DECLARATION OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY AND OTHER INTERESTS
No declarations of interest were received.
M26/20 – MINUTES
Resolved that the minutes of the Management Committee meeting held on 17th February 2021, were a true and correct record. The Chairman to sign in the Clerk’s office as soon as practical.
M27/20 – MANAGEMENT REPORT
• SGS completed the routine service on the fire alarm and emergency lighting. Some lights not working, waiting for quotation for repair.
• Legionella test completed. Further investigations required for hot water system.
• Centre will reopen on Monday 12th April as part of the Government’s Road Map. Initially it will be from 8am – 5.00pm unless there is a hirer in the building. Caretakers and cleaner will remain on flexible furlough.
• Suspended ceiling tiles required to replace damaged ones in the upstairs corridor.
• The assistant clerk will retire on 31st March. It is hopeful that the Admin Assistant will become the temporary Assistant Clerk with the view to not replace the admin assistant role until the civic centre is able to operate fully.
• Rear fire doors in nursery corridor have been repaired.
• A wiring problem with the Lakeside Hall ceiling lights has hopefully been corrected.
• A breakdown of hirers returning to the centre when re-opening on 12th April was given by the clerk.
M28/20 – CRAFT FAIR
The possibility of holding a craft fair in autumn 2021 was discussed. Resolved to look at workshops or demonstrations where numbers can be controlled. To leave on the agenda for ongoing discussion.
M29/20 – CIVIC CENTRE HEATING
An autofill is required to help maintain the pressure of the heating system at a cost of £2,334. There are other issues which also need addressing. Resolved to gather the further information at all the issues for the system before approving this expenditure.
M30/20 – CIVIC CENTRE PROMOTIONAL BOOKLET
A revised booklet was previously distributed. New photographs will need to be added when the weather is better.
M31/20 – DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
Wednesday 19th May 2021 at 7.00pm. Location to be agreed following conclusion of legal challenge for continuing virtual meetings.
Meeting closed at 7.36pm
Signed ………………………………………………………………… Date: …………………………………………