8th June 2022
You are summoned to the Meeting of Perton Parish Council, to be held in the Board room, Perton Civic Centre on Monday, 13th June 2022 at 7.00pm.
Mrs Becky Hodgetts,
Clerk to the Council
All persons attending this meeting are hereby notified that this meeting will be recorded by the Parish Council to assist the Parish Clerk in the compilation of minutes. The recording will be deleted once the minutes have been approved.
23/22 – Public Open Session
Time for this session is limited to 30 minutes as per Standing Order number 3F. Members of the Public are invited to address the Parish Council (limited to 3 minutes per person as per Standing Order number 3G)
24/22 – Apologies for Absence
25/22 – To receive for information Police, Fire and Crime reports
26/22 – Declaration of Disclosable Pecuniary Interest
To receive Declarations of Disclosable Pecuniary and Other Interests from the Agenda
27/22 – Code of Conduct – Dispensation
To approve requests for Code of Conduct Dispensations. (A request for a dispensation must be made in writing to the Clerk and be granted by decision of the Council)
28/22 – Minutes
- To approve minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on 9th May 2022.
- To receive for information draft minutes from the following committees/working parties:
- Planning Committee meeting held Thursday 19th May 2022
- HR Committee meeting held 25th May 2022
- Finance meeting held on 7th June 2022
29/22 – Finance
- To approve list of Payments for May 2022
- To receive the Cash Book to date for information
- To receive the Income Statement to date for information
- To receive the Expenditure and Budget to date for information
- To consider funding CILCA (£410) for the Assistant Clerk along with group support (£275) provided by SPCA.
- To consider purchasing a battery hedge trimmer
30/22 – Food bank
- To consider using the new room as a food bank storeroom
- To consider funding for storage options
31/22 – Notice boards
- To receive quotation for replacement door panel for vandalised noticeboards for the following
- Mercia Drive
- Anders Square
32/22 – Queens Platinum Jubilee – to consider
a) Update on Rose Garden
- Update on the Big Lunch event Sunday 5th June 2022
- To consider firework display for 6th November 2022
33/22 –Wrottesley Park Development
- To receive for information an update on the allotment site
- Housing development
- To receive for information an update
- To receive an update on road and site name
34/22 – Locality Enabler – Locality Working is about improving the quality of life within the community and the way in which services are provided within the community.
a) To discuss weed killing and grass cutting schedules for Perton.
35/22 – Staffordshire County Council
- To receive for information written report from the County Councillor
- To receive update on flooding at Dippons Lane
- To consider introduction of Wrottesley Park Rd Weight Limit
- To consider the re-instatement of previous filter lane markings on A41 traffic lights
36/22 – South Staffordshire Council
- To receive for information written reports from District Councillors
- To consider the options for Installation of Doctor Nightingale’s bench
- To consider options for the south traffic Island maintenance
- Planning Applications:
Applications for consideration previously distributed:
No applications received
Applications returned since last meeting:
Application no. : 22/00496/FUL
Location: 3 Repton Avenue, Perton, WV6 7TD
Proposed: Single storey rear extension for open plan area, garage conversion with internal alterations throughout the property
Comments: No objections received
37/22 – Reports – to note and receive for information
- Weekly Clerk’s Reports previously distributed
- Speedwatch update
38/22 – Date and time of next meeting – Perton Civic Centre, Board room 7pm
Full Council Meeting of Perton Parish Council – 11th July 2022
Crime & Disorder Implications
Section 17 of the Crime & Disorder Act 1998, places a duty on a local authority to consider crime and disorder implications and to exercise its various functions with due regard to the likely effect of the exercise of those functions and to do all that it reasonably can to prevent crime and disorder in its area. Where relevant any decisions made at the Parish Council meeting have taken this duty of care into consideration
Minutes of the meeting of Perton Parish Council, held at Perton Civic Centre on Monday 13th June 2022, 7.00pm
Councillors Mrs P Allen, AA Bourke, N Caine, P Davis, Mrs L Dew, K Elder (Chairman), D Glynn (Vice- Chairman), Mrs R Heseltine, Mrs A James, C Rathbone, J Sherlock, J Turner and Mrs B Walters,
Parish Clerk Mrs B Hodgetts
Assistant Clerk Mrs L Higgins
Members of the public – 5
Also in attendance was PCSO S Fryer (part of the meeting)
23/22 – PUBLIC OPEN SESSION
Questions related to a flyer sent out by County Councillor regarding spend in the area. Maintenance and cleaning of kerbs and verges were raised. A proper plan for the meadow areas should be made to include
wild flowers and not just weeds and nettles. There is no evidence of spraying or sweeping.
There is an issue with grass cutting between County Council and District Council land as District Council areas are cut twice a month but County areas are cut once a month, which is leaving areas looking unkept.
Some workmen were doing work on the alleyway by Formby Avenue but was left in a mess, it was confirmed they will be returning to complete the work as the van was full. It has been confirmed that the Street Scene team are carrying out a prune of the area which is due to be completed by the end of June.
It was suggested the Parish Council purchase a ride on mower to help maintain the area.
Issues around parking and social media comments from residents and bin men dropping rubbish when emptying bins and not picking it up were raised, this will be forwarded to PCSO’s and District Council.
24/22 – APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Apologies received and noted from Councillor R Bradley.
25/22 – POLICE, FIRE AND CRIME REPORT
A written report received from PCSO S Fryer was made available for members.
Issues were raised around availability of door chains and ring doorbells for vulnerable residents, litter bins being set on fire in the area and faraday bags being available to help with vehicle security.
Resolved to move item number 37/22 b) as per standing order 10a vi)
37/22 b) – SPEEDWATCH UPDATE
An update was given by Cllr P Davis to advise that Speedwatch currently has 4 trained members and a minimum of 2 must be available to carry out speed checks, more volunteers are needed. Training is approximately 3 hours carried out locally and the Police are aware when and where checks are being carried out by the Speedwatch members. 30mph stickers have been added to bins in Severn Drive.
26/22 – DECLARATION OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY AND OTHER INTERESTS
37/22 a) Clerks Report – grant received for Wild About Perton – Cllr K Elder
32/22 c) Firework display – Cllrs N Caine and D Glynn
27/22 – REQUESTS FOR CODE OF CONDUCT DISPENSATIONS
No request for dispensation received.
Resolved to move item number 33/22 as per standing order 10a vi)
33/22 WROTTESLEY PARK ROAD DEVELOPMENT
- An update was given on the allotments which are due to be delivered by January 2023.
- Resolved to make a decision on paid items for the allotment which are not included in the section 106 funding, once further information received.
- Housing Development
- An update was given by Kerry Bolister from Severn Homes to advise the timbers frames are now on site, show and view homes are being built, once the road has been put in place the sales office will be opened and signs should be going up soon with contact information. Rental properties are already 3 times oversubscribed.
- Cllrs Mrs P Allen and Mrs R Heseltine to meet with SSDC to decide on names for the roads in the new development from list previously discussed.
28/22 – MINUTES
- Resolved that the minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 9th May 2022 were agreed as a true and correct record.
- Noted for information the draft minutes of the following committees/working parties:
- Planning Committee meeting held on 19th May 2022
- HR Committee meeting held on 25th May 2022
- Finance Committee meeting held on 7th June 2022
29/22 – FINANCE
- Paid Expenditure Transactions between paid between 01/05/22 and 31/05/22.
Resolved payments approved.
Reference Paid date Tn no Gross Details
DD ASH04 03/05/22 4612 £185.28 Ash Waste Services General & Recycle Waste Collection
DD Rates05 03/05/22 4613 £1,435.00 South Staffordshire Council Rates – May
Bacs SSDC05 05/05/22 4614 £474.00 South Staffordshire Council Various
Bacs DTE04 05/05/22 4615 £108.00 Down to Earth Grass Cutting to Playground
Bacs AE04 05/05/22 4616 £84.00 Acquiesce Environmental compliance Ltd Legionella Monitoring
Bacs ESPO04 05/05/22 4617 £211.69 ESPO Stationery and Cleaning Products
Bacs 05/05/22 4618 £6.99 Amazon Staple Remover
Bacs ESPO05 11/05/22 4619 £111.18 ESPO Stationery
Bacs PEN04 13/05/22 4620 £3,168.06 staffordshire County Pension fund April
Bacs IR04 13/05/22 4621 £2,985.19 Inland Revenue Tax & NI – April
DD Water04 13/05/22 4622 £370.63 Waterplus Charges 08/01/22 – 28/04/22
DD BPayCon04 13/05/22 4623 £7.14 Brightpay Connect Monthly Subscription
Bacs BBC05 16/05/22 4624 £95.00 Bradmore Bouncy Castles Bouncy Castle Hire for Jubilee
Bacs BRS05 16/05/22 4625 £210.42 Black Rose Solutions Limited Internal Audit
DDB BT04 17/05/22 4626 £76.24 British Telecom Telephone & Broadband Charges
Bacs DSE05a 17/05/22 4627 £667.50 Dangerous Sheep Events Platinum Jubilee Celebration 25%
CHG HSBC04 21/05/22 4628 £12.97 HSBC UK %