To be held in the Board Room, Perton Civic Centre
17th November 2021
MEMBERS OF THE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
You are summoned to a meeting of the Management Committee, Board room, Perton Civic Centre on Wednesday 24th November 2021 at 7.00pm.
Clerk to the Parish Council
M18/21 – To receive and approve apologies for absence
M19/21 – Declaration of Disclosable Pecuniary and other Interests and approve dispensation requests
M20/21 – To receive presentation from Citron Hygiene for an Airborne Virus Remover costing £150
M21/21 – To approve minutes from Management Committee meeting held on 15th September 2021
M22/21 – Civic Centre Maintenance
- To receive the management report
- To receive an update on the heating/hot water system
- To discuss quotations for replacement windows in the Board Room
M23/21 – Civic Centre
a) To discuss first aid kit provision
- To discuss the provision of a hearing loop
M24/21 – To agree date and time of next meeting – 16th February 2022 at 7pm
Minutes of the meeting of Perton Parish Council
Management Committee held on Wednesday 24th November 2021, 7.00pm
Councillors N Caine, P Davis, K Elder, Mrs R Heseltine (Chairman),
Parish Clerk Mrs B Hodgetts
M18/21 – APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Apologies were received and noted for Cllr Mrs P Allen, AA Bourke, D Glynn, Mrs B Walters.
M19/21 – DECLARATION OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY AND OTHER INTERESTS
Declarations of interest were received from Cllr N Caine for item M23/21 b).
M20/21 – PRESENTATION CITRON HYGIENE AIRBORNE VIRUS REMOVER.
Unfortunately the representative was again unable to attend the meeting due to illness.
M21/21 – MINUTES
Resolved that the minutes of the Management Committee meeting held on 31st March 2021, were a true and correct record.
M22/21 – CIVIC CENTRE MAINTENANCE
- Management report
- Two cracks in the outside wall of the Terry Harding room are being monitored.
- Repairs required to the CCTV – replacement power supply required.
- 2 Toilet seats replaced in ladies toilets.
- Flicks in the Sticks held on 17th November – The last bus was attended by 77. A list of optional films to be shown in future were given to those attending.
- Gas supplier CNG has gone into liquidation. PPC have a contract in place with TGP to start 12th October 2022 with a rate of 4.677p p/kwh with no standing charge. A bridging contract has been agreed with TGP (following emails to councillors) with a rate of 9.8291 p/KWH and a standing charge of 296.0 per day.
- Heating/hot water – an update was presented by the clerk. A meeting is scheduled with the contractor.
- The clerk has received two quotations for replacing the boardroom windows. £1250 (not Fensa registered) and £1543.17 (Fensa registered) The Committee agreed to contact two further companies to obtain quotes. Resolved final decision delegated to the clerk with guidance from the committee members.
M23/21 – CIVIC CENTRE
- At a recent bowls session a serious medical emergency occurred. There was some concern from the bowls club that a First Aid kit was not available. Following the incident, the Clerk informed the group that there were first aid kits available in the kitchen and reception office, but were not requested. Resolved to provide a separate first aid kit for the bowls club. All first aid kits have been fixed to the wall for further visibility.
- Lakeside Community Church have requested a hearing loop be installed in the Lakeside Hall. They have agreed to fund this at a cost of £1405, but would welcome a donation from the Parish Council as they would benefit from it for the film shows and the parish council meetings.
Councillor Caine left the meeting
Resolved the Committee to suggest a donation of £500 to full council to include the cost of a tester for £92 + vat
M24/21 – DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
Wednesday 16th February 2022 at 7.00pm, Perton Civic Centre
Meeting closed at 7.53pm
Signed ………………………………………………………………… Date: …………………………………………